Old 06-26-19, 10:42 PM
RiddleOfSteel
Master Parts Rearranger

Bikes: 1982 Trek 720 - 1985 Trek 620 - 1984 Trek 620 - 1980 Trek 510 - Other luminaries past and present

Mentioned: 221 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1556 Post(s)
Liked 2,024 Times in 989 Posts
Originally Posted by SurferRosa
I might like to join you fellas for this bit. Forecast looks good. A little warm (71°), but I can handle it.
We'd love to have you along! I will be one of three harbor pilots (totally not cooks in a kitchen..), primarily for the downtown Seattle to near Lake Sammamish route--after that, depending on how much I ride, I'm just a passenger with no touring gear.

I am currently deciding between which steel steed I shall bring--the solidarity in my gugie-fied '74 Paramount, where I will have to mount seatpost-located TT-style bottle cages (no provisions elsewhere--mounting them is in lieu of a longer ride) and sorta muddy the elegance of the rest of the bike (I'm sure no one will care though), or go with a racy-mcracer-face bike with bottle cage braze-ons already (a la my loopy paint job Land Shark). I'm leaning toward the Paramount because it's a touring group and it is a superb mile-eater. Then again, nothing glides like my Land Shark on old school aero rims, freshly-overhauled 6400 hubs, and Vittoria Open Corsa tires. This is "what outfit do I wear" but for C&V cyclists.