Old 12-28-16, 10:02 PM
coominya

Bikes: Giant ToughRoad Giant talon

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 705 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Oldman TR
Coominya what did you change to the seat post? I was thinking of a drop post but the cost of this mod. is high. I'm still getting use to this bike but on and off road it's fun. I like the old school way with out shocks, that is what I was looking for when shopping. I wanted a MTB but no shocks, I would have prefer 11 speed but maybe change it later.
Don't know what model you have but I have the SLR-1 which comes with a plastic seatpost (really, no fibers, just a plastic tube lol) My bum was wandering all over the place so I bought the aluminium one from the SLR-2 and that fixed the issue. I can't imagine you fitting a dropper on it, no holes for the control cable. Plus the D-Fuse seatpost is a one off shape. Personally I think a conventional one would have been better but once the seat is fixed it's the same as any other.

I too prefer no suspension. In my experience your legs and arms are enough if you ride roadie style. Suspension just slows me down with all that bobbing and there is no such thing as a true lockout, they all move a bit.