View Single Post
Old 10-05-18, 02:55 AM
Allez!

Bikes: Canyon road bike - endura-something?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Dura Ace 9100 shifter repair?

So first time i've ever had dura ace, and first time i've ever had a shifter go out on me. Does anyone know whether there is anything in these shifters to adjust or repair, or does it simply have to be replaced? Is it common at all to have these things go out on you?

Longer story : noticed one day that i couldn't shift to the 3 smallest cogs in the back. Later i played with the cable tension adjustment, and got it to where i could shift down to those gears. But, duh, of course now i couldn't shift up to the 3 largest cogs. So instead of 11 speeds, i only had 8.

Proceeded to look around on the internet and such. Saw advice about using WD40 to loosen things up in there - basically flood it and work the gears, and try to get the gunk out, assuming there was any. While doing this, somehow the cable snapped. Then later, the shifter would not only not do 8 gears, but i can only shift once up to a larger gear.

First, the shifter is definitely not working. Second, each time i touch it, things get worse.

Thanks for any help.