mling1985
Newbie cyclist

Bikes: Tarmac SL6, Neilpryde Bayamo, Dolan TC1

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by carleton
Assert that you do not want them taped. I dropped my disc off at a shop in Portland and said several times, “I want the tire glued on.”

A week later, I pick it up and they had taped it, “Because it was the same thing and so much easier.” I was pissed and never went back.
Originally Posted by Baby Puke
Also, doing it yourself is not rocket science. There are many great tutorials on YouTube to help.
Originally Posted by Morelock
the only small thing I'd add to the good advice above is whether you pay to have it done, or you diy it off youtube videos... keep in mind that a lot of mechanics use different amounts/styles of gluing.
If you are diy'ing, I'd start on the cautious side of more is better. If you are having a shop do it, explain that it's for track and they REALLY need a good bond.
I've glued a lot of tires for Time Trials on the road that I would NEVER use on a track.

I have to cut my old tires off... and if I thought I could get away with it without ruining the rim, I'd epoxy my tires on
Thanks for the advice guys! I am good friends with the guy at the LBS and he is a good guy. I told my LBS it is for track use and he said he has done it before and will be using a lot of glue and will take a few days.

I am going to learn how to do it myself next time I change the tires