Old 12-24-14, 10:44 AM
bikemig 

Bikes: A bunch of old bikes and a few new ones

Mentioned: 178 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5888 Post(s)
Liked 3,471 Times in 2,079 Posts
No reason why you can't tour on your current bike and you may prefer it for light touring over a touring bike. Everything else being equal, I'd prefer a bit fatter tire (a 28 mm) and perhaps a triple but YMMV on this.

Insofar as bags are concerned, you can find racks to work on a bike without eyelets but you're better off getting frame bags to save on weight for the kind of touring you are taking about.

You can go new wave and high end from revelate designs, https://www.google.com/webhp?sourcei...late%20designs

Old school is good too. Carradice makes classic saddlebags with some pretty neat attachment systems you may like.

Or you can go cheap and practical by getting a large waterproof stuff sack or dry bag and mount it to the saddle and seatpost; there are DIY videos on youtube of people doing exactly that.

Also the usual suspects when it comes to panniers may have bits and pieces you find useful. I like the small h-bar bag from Jandd as it has a map case and I can pop it off when locking the bike taking my valuables with me.

Mountain Handle Pack IV

I'm not sure you want a h-bar bag though if you have a carbon handlebar.

Last edited by bikemig; 12-24-14 at 10:49 AM.