Old 12-24-14, 05:29 PM
nun

Bikes: Rivendell Quickbeam, Rivendell Rambouillet, Rivendell Atlantis, Circle A town bike, De Rosa Neo Primato, Cervelo RS, Specialized Diverge

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 180 Post(s)
Liked 43 Times in 40 Posts
The OP is suggesting a credit card motel tour and you can do that with 10lbs of gear, probably less. Using a trailer would be very inconvenient and total over kill.

It should be simple enough for you to get some gear together and you could even just put it in something like a Sea to Summit compression sack and strap it to the back of your saddle and seat post and do a test ride. Every time I go out for a days ride I take about 5lbs of stuff in a Barley saddlebag so going to 10lbs will be easy for you. I've ridden my Cervelo RS on 25mm tires on long tours and over some fairly rough off road stuff. It's not too good over soft stuff, but it's great for climbing. Two things you might want to watch are your wheels and gearing. I upgraded my bike's wheels to 32 spokes and changed my cassette to a 12/36 from a 12/28 to better match touring requirements, but if you are just doing a credit card tour a stock Roubaix will probably be perfect.