Old 10-09-18, 08:19 PM
WhyFi

Bikes: R3 Disc, Haanjo

Mentioned: 354 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20810 Post(s)
Liked 9,456 Times in 4,672 Posts
Originally Posted by spdntrxi
Nope... I collected enough data with segments many multiple miles long..downhills, uphills. Looked at wind conditions.. etc. It's clear to me it was 20w+ I like the tires too, dont get my wrong but they were not "fast" for me...well compared to turbo cottons with latex. My position on the gravel bike is actually lower (more aggressive ) then my old road bike. The head tube on my road bike was pretty tall... which was one reason why I was itching to sell it. Maybe ding me 5w for disc brakes but again my position is lower on the gravel bike (not wind tunnel tested) So I think I am telling the whole story and it's my story anyhow.

I have the 30c GSpeeds tires on another wheelset ( for light gravel/road mix).. and am going to try Schwalbe Pro-One in 28c on another ( for mainly road). I've had the 25c on my road bike before on a non-aero wheelset and felt they were pretty fast.
Schwalbe rates the G-One Speeds as being among their fastest (on a scale of 1 to 6) road tires, along with the likes of the Pro One, which is one of the fastest tires out there. While bicyclerollingresistance.com hasn't directly tested G-One Speed, the results of all of the other Schwalbes that they have tested (Pro One, One, Durano, Lugano, etc) fall in to an order that corresponds pretty nicely with Schwalbe's ratings. Interestingly, brr.com tested the Pro One at 11.6w at 100psi and they tested this Schwalbe at 24w at 55psi, a difference of 12.4w, significantly less than the difference you propose -

And you really expect that others should believe that the G-Ones are in the 30w+ range based on your "data"?

Yeah, sure. You stick to your story, though - I've wasted enough time on your silliness, so I'm done.