Old 06-07-19, 08:41 AM
UniChris

Bikes: 36" Unicycle, winter knock-around hybrid bike

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 930 Post(s)
Liked 393 Times in 282 Posts
Originally Posted by CycleryNorth81
My calculations comes out to 5cents per 8 ounce serving. Who say I cannot make enough for 100 water bottles once I know the proportions?
You can, but it's probably simpler if you make it in bottle or week size batches. A whole tub of the premade powder tends to get clumpy once opened.

A while back I picked up a cheap little .01 gram scale, I'd probably find some light plastic pan (or even fold one from paper) and tare the scale with that, weigh out the salts first, and then do the sugars there for a small batch, or with measuring cups for a larger one.

Remember to take into account the difference between the weight of potassium vs potassium chloride, same for sodium. Or you can look up the amount in volume measures like a teaspoon/tablespoon. I'd be tempted to keep it in a wire-latch mason jar (hmm, might actually go get one and transfer my tub of gatorade to it).

If I was going to do it, it would probably be to end up with something more like what I get by putting a nuun tablet in a bottle of mixed or purchased gatorade, rather than just duplicating the purchased tub. Might have to find some kool aid or something and try it, especially on a ride where I'll be going by a water source/bathroom anyway making pouring a bad experiment down the drain and starting over with the usual again an option.

Last edited by UniChris; 06-07-19 at 08:54 AM.
Likes For UniChris: