Old 07-08-19, 06:08 AM
burnthesheep
Newbie racer

Bikes: Propel, red is faster

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1575 Post(s)
Liked 1,569 Times in 974 Posts
In my little week of riding with myself, I took a pretty balanced approach. A good blend of intensity in the gym at work or on the hammer ride, some longer solo gravel work with SS, and a long Saturday group ride for 90 miles (about 20 solo miles).

A Cat 3 guy and I asked to head on in the two of us to get in some training time during the ride. We just pulled hard as we could for a minute then swapped and kept going till we hit a light or a stop. Heading into town it's a bit advantageous to speed, maybe wind maybe some hill.........we were clipping 28 to 30mph for several miles just the two of us............fun, and painful.

Wound up getting it to 60 CTL and 90 ATL at the close of the week.

In tracking zones separate, I can see over time my Z4 time is diverging from Z3. It appeared that for a long time those two were usually about equal. Now Z4 is clearly taking the win over 3. Not sure what that would be. I think perhaps it's a legit bump in power in an area. I bet those would converge again if in a month I test out to a little higher power.

I'm thinking about maybe an easy recovery spin at work today, even after a day off yesterday.

Then go into higher intensity every other day until I go on vacation.
Likes For burnthesheep: