Old 07-20-19, 10:27 AM
Steamer
Zircon Encrusted Tweezers

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 261 Post(s)
Liked 131 Times in 83 Posts
Originally Posted by kingston
I pulled the wheels this morning and was a pretty disappointed. Normally I would have inspected the wheels before taking it for a ride, but the seller told me the bike only had 500 miles and there was an invoice from the LBS for earlier this year with a $90 line item for hub bearing service. Well they were not serviced, and the cones were pitted. The front rim also has some damage, and they're pretty cheap wheels to begin with, so I'm just going to replace the wheels. I put my 26" touring wheelset in with some old 26x1.25" tires and everything fits, but I don't want to leave my other bike wheel-less, so I'm just going to build a new set for the Strada. I have a set of VO touring hubs lying around waiting for a bike, and I think this might be it. Do you have any recommendations for a narrow 36h 559 rim for a 1.25" tire? I'm going to order a set of the Michelin tires you recommended and try to run a 1.4 on the back and a 1.1 on the front to see if it works on the 19mm rims I have. I'm worried that the rim will be too wide for a 1.1" tire. If the 1.4" measures narrow it may clear the fork, but I doubt it.
Velocity Aeroheat?