Old 04-14-05, 01:41 AM
Moochers_Dad
a blend of wit and charm

Bikes: Serotta Fierte and a 1989 Centurian Prestige (plus, various others)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
That is a great question. And the answer is... "I don't know."

I don't know why I dream of having expensive bikes. Or like upgrading above and beyond what I need or can afford sometimes. And, why only bikes?

I don't go in the kitchen to make coffee and think "if only this spoon was sterling silver and lighter I could make better coffee. I could stir it faster."

Also, keep in mind this is a cycling forum. If you went to an audio forum you would see clones of us (perhaps we are clones of them) wanting audio equipment that's expensive and made from exotic materials to hear music better.

The most difficult part of spending so much on cycling is keeping track of who to brag about spending so much and who to lie to about spending too much. For example, my s.o. doesn't want me to get a new road bike. So piece by piece I buy parts and upgrade the CrossTourRoad bike I built. Then at some point I'll get a new frame and pretend it's the same bike I was riding last year. In reality, It will be a whole new bike bought slowly for only 30% more than if I would have just gotten a new bike in the first place. I am sure that last paragraph isn't related to the question at hand; I just wanted everyone to know what a sneak I am.