Old 11-19-19, 06:25 PM
OmegaWolf
on your lawn

Bikes: 1995 Trek 370, 1997 Trek 800 Sport, 2013 Specialized Crossroads Elite, 2016 Trek Emonda ALR5, 1991 Fuji Roubaix

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 19 Times in 12 Posts
One morning in early September I woke up to find a very painful mass had popped up on the top side of my foot literally overnight. It was initially misdiagnosed, so I spent more than a month taking meds and doing treatments that did nothing to help. Eventually they took x-rays which showed it was eating into the bones. It was decided that it needed to be cut out to find out what it was. My doctor was concerned that it could be advanced cancer. Thankfully, it turned out to be something "painful and annoying, but not terribly serious".

Today was the first time I rode my bike to work since early October. It will be a while before I get my fitness back. 36F, dark, wet and foggy. There's a bit of a tunnel to go through on my commute. When I got to the start of it someone at the other end stood up. When I got close I saw they had a bike leaning against the side of the tunnel and some bags on the ground. I stopped and asked if they were OK or needed help, but they ignored me and went back to whatever they were doing.