View Single Post
Old 08-02-20, 12:18 AM
merziac

Bikes: Merz x 5 + Specialized Merz Allez x 2, Strawberry/Newlands/DiNucci/Ti x3, Gordon, Fuso/Moulton x2, Bornstein, Paisley,1958-74 Paramounts x3, 3rensho, 74 Moto TC, 73-78 Raleigh Pro's x5, Marinoni x2, 1960 Cinelli SC, 1980 Bianchi SC, PX-10 X 2

Mentioned: 267 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4510 Post(s)
Liked 6,377 Times in 3,667 Posts
Going to chime back in with this, shown many times and at times fits right in here but I didn't do this to it, it came to me this way and I know the complete history of it that started when Jim built it for himself and rode it 1000's of miles before stripping it down, removing the canti posts, repainting and selling it on.

I got it on consignment from Sellwod cycles from the third owner who bought the frame,and with the help of a friend and customer of Jim's, tracked Jim down to build it up for him with a Jim modified triple and buildup.

At another point later it was refitted again by Dave Feldman, a member here who allegedly worked for Jim back in the day to what it is now.

I knew I had to have it the minute I saw it, test rode, paid a bunch and was on my way.

JM027

Merz DA triple, Ultegra 9 speed, brakes, original custom racks, Campy HS, front wheel and rides like a dream.

Still, often think about full restore, huge undertaking to be sure, restore canti's, Mafac's, DiNucci green paint before it was that, Campy Triple record crank but not the Gran Tourismo RD.