Old 02-25-20, 09:27 AM
Darth Lefty 
Disco Infiltrator

Bikes: Stormchaser, Paramount, Tilt, Samba tandem

Mentioned: 72 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3126 Post(s)
Liked 2,105 Times in 1,369 Posts
noglider I've been following them since the Hyundai commercials some years ago. My wife can't stand them, says Nataly never gets out of "head voice." Jack is also one of the founders of Patreon.

Still keeping one bike at work to ride at lunch, the other is at home. Right now the lunch ride is the comMuTB. I re-laced the rear wheel of the roadie last night, with brand new DB spokes. It's the first time I've done a whole wheel. I've replaced rims before. Three years ago I had a bike that came with mismatched color rims, and I traded with a guy so we'd both have the same color. But that was taping rim together and just shifting each spoke over, this was my first with all the bending and lacing. I get now why straight pull hubs and spokes are a thing. Got about half the nipples tightened up through finger-tight before wife declared bedtime.

I was thinking as I worked about plucking spokes and the note they make. I'd made up a spreadsheet calcuating the note for various lengths and tensions and gauges but it just occurred to me that for butted spokes, the length should be the run of the butted section, since the ends are a lot stiffer. And since the same blank is used for a lot of lengths, the note would be pretty constant.
Genesis 49:16-17

Last edited by Darth Lefty; 02-25-20 at 09:36 AM.
Likes For Darth Lefty: