Old 07-28-09, 03:59 PM
spcialzdspksman
Hella Raw

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by noglider
You're going to school in San Francisco? So is my daughter. She's at the Art Institute. Where are you?

I saw a lot of folks riding SS and FG bikes there and think they're crazy, especially those riding fixies without brakes. The hills there are breathtakingly steep and difficult. If you manage to ride up and down those hills on either type of bike, you'll be in excellent shape.

Everyone else, if you don't have any idea what hills are like in San Francisco, you might have trouble imagining them. The pictures don't depict them adequately!
The hills here are definitely crazy steep! Thank god I don't have to bike through the really steep ones because I don't really live live in SF anymore. I grew up in SF, but we moved to Daly City, but technically I "live" in SF (says the school district, heh). I still go to school in San Francisco though, and its about a 10 minute drive. (So you can probably guess where my high school is)
Biking to school will be a breeze, but heading back uphill would be a different story.

Originally Posted by Gobo
I have an IRO Mark V with a flip flop hub, and its definitely worth it.
Somedays you feel like coasting, somedays you feel like skidding.
Although this has happened to me and most other people I know who got a flip flop hub, after I got used to riding fixed, I havent switched back.
I think I am going to get a flip-flop hub, but does IRO sell those? or do I have to get them someplace else? Thanks.

Last edited by spcialzdspksman; 07-28-09 at 04:02 PM.