Old 08-01-19, 12:12 PM
Markus_79

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Cannondale SuperX: is this THE do-it-all bike?

Hi everybody, hope this is not going to be too boring for you. Iím in the market for a new bike for tarmac 70-60% and off road use 30-40%, alpine and hilly terrain here around, but also long stretches on rolling fast tarmac.. sometimes it will be used only on road. I am looking for some real life user advice. I want a light, stable but responsive bike, fast on road and not too tiring on my limbs when off road. I am quite fit and was riding with a HT MTB and an old road bike Ė too old to have any comparison. After talking with some friends and after extensive readings, I focused my attention to the Cannondale SuperX models (I am surprised itís not so popular between gravel riders). Found a SuperX Ultegra 2019 and a SE Force 1x 2019 at almost 50% of the original price. Iím willing to swap the chainrings of the Ultegra model with a 50-34 and I will get a second set of lighter wheels more road orientedĖ Iím a bit ďsuspiciousĒ of the Force 1x for road use (but thatís another story). I have the feeling that with a double set of wheels the SuperX could be THE do it all bike (ok almost &#128522. On the other hand, some people tent to consider it as a bike just for 1h Ė 2h ride (focused on CX), too nervous, unstable at speed off road and, in general, not that reactive even on tarmac due to its Cx nature and geometry. I feel this judgment does come from not really knowing the bike Ė that has been completely re-designed in 2017 with a more relaxed and gravel oriented geometry). The other contenders are (for now) Gt Grade Carbon with 105 group 2019, Topstone Carbon 105 (Iím not convinced by the rear suspension Ė lack of reactiveness on tarmac) or Specialized Diverge So, whatís your opinion on the SuperX? Do you have other suggestions? (leaving aside all the proprietary issues and problems with dished wheels). Thanks in advance for your time in replying.