View Single Post
Old 03-08-15, 01:31 PM
mr_bill

Mentioned: 34 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2111 Post(s)
Liked 663 Times in 443 Posts
Originally Posted by rholland1951
Rode out the Minuteman from Arlington Center from Lexington Center this afternoon... except when I walked the bike... which was frequently. Temperatures were in the high 30s with an increasingly assertive sun. The Minuteman was in pretty tough shape in Arlington, with stretches of seriously gnarly rutted ice starting in the short block between Water Street and Mill Street, and recurring at intervals pretty much all the way to Lexington line. Although I had the bike with studded Nokians, much of this was stuff that I dismount for if I see it before I hit it. After awhile, I found myself dismounting for other icy stretches that, earlier in the season, I would have ridden over, and enjoyed the challenge, along with some stuff that I probably would have barely noticed... but I guess I've simply had enough of Winter.

Icy ruts opposite Russell Place: DO NOT WANT!
Wait, so you rode over that stretch? Penguin walking that stretch was so bad that when I reached the point of no return I was kicking myself for not bailing onto Russell Place in the first place.

I have noticed that the good will of February has melted away well before the snow.

Walking in the street where there are either no or impassible sidewalks is somewhat unenjoyable.

-mr. bill