Old 12-15-18, 05:56 PM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by _ForceD_

I'm not sure, but I have a feeling that restriction might be in place to help prevent trolling. I didn't realize that it doesn't let you look at pictures. I thought it was just for posting, including URL links in posts. My guess is that if a troll has to log in multiple times before they can make their trolling post that they are less likely to do it.

P.S. Thanks for the tip 'Rollfast'...that works.

Dan
BF restricts using links, videos and hosted files as well as PMs (personal messaging) until certain post counts are met while not presenting bad behavior and such, that is one way spamming, not so much trolling is controlled. If you have a problem with the posting behavior of a member (rude, fighting etc) it's best to click the red button with an exclamation point on that post and explain what your problem is in the box. You can also use it to ask if the post should be moved to a different forum or the poster should be split off into their own thread to keep a thread on topic and help the other person.

By doing so a staff member will often be alerted faster than if you sent them a PM and they can ask on it quicker. If you have a general question (without a specific member in mind) then starting a new topic or adding to an existing one may be a better idea. If you have a newer question about an old topic then starting a new thread may be a good idea...staff can and often do merge similar threads into one.

But these posting restrictions are in place to forestall, limit or discourage bad behaviors and spam.