Old 02-22-19, 09:03 PM
DarKris

Bikes: Kona Kahuna DL Drop Bar - Sensah SRX Pro 1x11 (2012 Frame), Giant Toughroad GX 1 - Shimano Road Hydro + SLX 1x10 (2018), Diamondback Sync'r - SRAM NX 1x12 (2020)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked 97 Times in 54 Posts
Update: Got a slightly different stem and some bar tape from the LBS. This stem has a 25mm rise and is 80mm as well however the Giant stem was, well, giant. I had to remove a spacer from my steerer tube to get it to fit. This stem works with the stock set of spacers.

The shop I believe has a Specialized stem thats 75mm and 24 degree rise, at least it said they had it in stock online and the same price as the stem I got, so if they have it I'm going to return this stem for that one. It's weird but I think it'll complete the look that I'm going for.

Also wanted to do some side by sides with my Toughroad to show how close they are.

Lastly one important note: I have both saddles pushed as far back on the rails as possible, however the Hellga's seatpost has a 12.5mm offset whereas the Toughroad's seatpost has no offset. I would tweak the saddle position once I had the bars fully installed.

Last part that I "need" arrives Monday so sometime next week should be the finalization of this pet project

Last edited by DarKris; 02-22-19 at 09:15 PM.