Old 07-30-20, 12:46 AM
MikeAndJean

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked 58 Times in 18 Posts
It looks a lot like a Pogliaghi tandem

Originally Posted by Jimbo1983
Hi I hope it's ok to post this. My sister has picked up and is storing for me an old tandem. I only have one photo of it, and she's not in a position to take anymore currently, and I can't go pick it up yet. So I am trying to do some detective work to learn more about it while I wait.
I have had very little luck finding tandems online with the Mixte stiffener. The only information I have on the bike itself is that it was brought over from England some time ago, so possibly an English or Euro-built frame.
Also the way the top tube is stepped rather than sloping from the captain to the stoker must be a good identifier to someone who knows what they're looking at. I'm just aiming to have a little more knowledge on what I've gotten myself into project-wise (first tandem).

Thanks, apologies if this isn't the place.
I bought a 70s vintage Pogliaghi tandem frame on eBay for use as a beater. Except for the step on the top tube, it looks almost the same as your bike. That trick for compensating for the different seat tube heights was common with European frame builders in the 70s. We once rode a Bob Jackson that had a step on the top tube.