wolfchild
Banned

Bikes: I have 3 singlespeed/fixed gear bikes

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4227 Post(s)
Liked 2,488 Times in 1,286 Posts
Originally Posted by Bikewolf
In motion staying warm is easy. But, in winter, what to do when your activity levels drop? E.g. early morning chill, coldness at your destination (work)

Obviously one can drink something warm and put on a scarf etc. Or quit da job and get back to sleep ;-)
But I was wondering how you guys deal with that.

I would like to preserve body heat while being ‘motionless’. How can I approach this practically? Maybe I need to shield my midlayer with a non-breathable jacket? Down, something technical ... ? How to layer / adjust layering for these inactive moments? Any tips on how not to cool of too rapidly? Thanks!
I dress a little heavier then most and ride at a lower intensity to prevent and minimize sweating...I also carry some extra layers with me in my backpack just in case I find myself in a situation where I would have to be outside for longer than expected. ..I also avoid cycling specific clothing because it is not designed to keep you warm if you stop moving. I wear regular outdoor winter clothing. I always bring along an insulated vacuum bottle with hot drink.