Old 12-12-16, 02:09 AM
Rollfast
What happened?

Bikes: 3 Rollfasts, 3 Schwinns, a Shelby and a Higgins Flightliner in a pear tree!

Mentioned: 57 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1835 Post(s)
Liked 292 Times in 255 Posts
Originally Posted by CB HI
Three of the four cyclist were on the right half of the road the entire time. One cyclist was slightly right of center. The first cyclist got sideswiped by the car front quarter panel and side mirror and went into the air. Two cyclist avoided contact with the car even though the car was on their side of the road; but one got hit by the first cyclist that was thrown in the air and the other looked to endo his bicycle over the first 2 cyclist. The fourth cyclist tried turning left to avoid the oncoming car as he was the most center of his lane and got hit in the rear wheel by the car bumper.

As a minimum, 3 of the cyclist had control of their cycles and were riding reasonably. They did not run into a stopped object in the road, the had a moving car heading at them in the wrong lane at speed.

It seems too many blame the cyclist first here would have blamed these cyclist even if they had been stopped in the right lane and a car came along and drove head on into them.

This video seems to have a clearer picture:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2UY7upQvI3g

If there are multiple versions of the same video, which one is the original and sometimes you have to ask are YT videos all that pertinent?