View Single Post
Old 04-10-21, 11:10 PM
Seattle Forrest

Mentioned: 89 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18883 Post(s)
Liked 10,646 Times in 6,054 Posts
Originally Posted by motopokep
I'm very comfortable, I've ridden steel bikes since the age of 4 or early 5, when I took off the training wheels, while many other kids my age were still using them. I rode almost daily during the warm season up to my early teens, then a lot in college, and occasionally rode my alum bike with no issues ever since 2006. I like to ride, I'm very comfortable with steel and aluminum bikes. I'm not comfortable with CF though I want a CF Bike. Maybe the frame will not fail, but the CF handlebars, wheels, or most likely the CF fork will fail. I don't see a point getting a CF frame with the rest of components being aluminum. I'd like it to be either all CF or all aluminum. I got the answers I wanted from this thread and made my decision to go with aluminum for my purposes. I see that 99% on here have faith in CF. I'll get back into this hobby with a cheap aluminum bike, and if I'm really into it down the line, I'll purchase a quality CF bike, from a manufacturer like Specialized or Trek, who are trusted for quality CF. Oh wait, didn't Specialized recall 12,000 CF forks? https://www.velonews.com/gear/specia...f-12000-forks/
​​​​​​Almost every bike made in the last few decades has a carbon fork. Aluminum frames, steel frames, ti frames, they all have carbon forks. If it was half as likely as you say, we would never hear about cyclists getting hit by cars because we'd be all dying in catastrophic fork asplosions all day every day.

Why do you think the Great Fork Armageddon isn't happening? Or is the media just covering it up?
Likes For Seattle Forrest: