Old 05-30-20, 07:39 PM
cudak888 
www.theheadbadge.com

Bikes: http://www.theheadbadge.com

Mentioned: 124 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2422 Post(s)
Liked 4,395 Times in 2,092 Posts
The kickstand clears the road now...and the chain now drags on it when in the 50t ring.

I took off too much.

Or, in other words, "Today, I ruined a brand-new $80 kickstand."

****NEW PLAN, COLIN CHAPMAN STYLE****

Theory: There's nothing wrong with the kickstand. There's everything wrong with the needlessly complicated dual-drive setup and the front brake.
  • The entire current drivetrain gets scrapped in favor of a Sturmey-Archer FW 4-speed. Dumping the tensioner will mean the chain will not have any reason to touch the kickstand again. No more dual shifters that don't fit. I'll have to find a 4-speed trigger shifter, but they're my favorite to use...so I shouldn't complain.
  • The front cantilevers get replaced with Tektro short-arm 926A's. I have a feeling I'll never be able to adjust the cantis correctly given the amount of travel I have at the cable stop. Plus, setting the cantis up with that reverse stop is one of the biggest pains in the butt I've dealt with recently.
  • If the alternate Sunlite lever that arrives on Monday doesn't work, this thing gets a Paul Duplex front brake lever whether it likes it or not. I'm sick of wasting money on el-cheapo alternatives.
-Kurt

Last edited by cudak888; 05-30-20 at 10:18 PM.