Old 11-21-19, 10:52 PM
illdrag0n

Bikes: 2014 Focus Mares AX 2.0, 2019 Cube Litening C:62 Race Disc Teamline

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 121 Post(s)
Liked 140 Times in 68 Posts
Originally Posted by diverge52rider
Hey everybody, I set my sights on buying a TCR for group rides. I can get a 2017 TCR Advanced Pro 1 for just under $2000 U.S. or a TCR SLR 2 (aluminium, with 105) for half that price. Based on extensive Googling, the SLR alloy frame is very well made, as good or even better than the CAADs. My plan was to test ride both bikes and go with the cheaper one if it felt similar enough to the carbon. However, after reading about the SLR's somewhat unremarkable PR-2 wheels I realized upgrading to something better down the road (i.e. Ksyrium Elite) brings the price of it almost on par with the carbon version.

So...should I just get the Advanced Pro 1 that already comes with the excellent SLR 1 wheels? Am I fine with the PR-2s until I know what the hell I'm doing? Or do I buy the alloy bike and slap some Chinese carbon deep sections on them?

I feel like the TCR Pro is more bike than I'll ever need but it seems silly to spend the same amount of money and get less bike. Comments and suggestions appreciated! 1
TCR AP1 with SLR wheels.. Do it once, do it right.