Old 03-18-20, 02:16 PM
hubcyclist

Bikes: 2017 Raleigh RX 1.0, 2018 Specialized Allez

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 471 Post(s)
Liked 632 Times in 337 Posts
My son's been killing it, I mentioned in training status he rode for 5 miles yesterday and today we went out for a bit with my wife as well, so our first full family ride, but only for like 20 mins. He did take a turn pretty fast and ended up crashing into a fence but he brushed it off relatively quickly. He's 4ft4in so he's kind of on the high end for the 20" bike so I'm starting to look at 24" bikes. He's saying he wants a drop bar, which I'm happy to oblige if I can find a decent deal, not a lot either used or new out there. If he went with a MTB I may feel the need to get myself one so I can hit the trails lol

In addition to everything else, I'm still messing around with my python/django coding and building a PMC website. It's pretty close to fully functional, I've made user profiles, have functionality to upload and analyze fit files, and I have a PMC chart going. And today I put the final touches on the ability to download selected strava rides, although at the moment I haven't integrated the strava rides into the ride analysis (right now all my analysis is done from fit files). I've got some automated stuff going like refreshing the strava token and can refresh PMC stats daily. So it's pretty close to being good enough for public consumption, just want to polish it up a bit as far as visualizations (right now using bokeh) and web design. It's pretty fun that in just 2 months I went from zero knowledge of python to having a pretty complete website
Likes For hubcyclist: