Old 04-07-20, 05:14 PM
Miele Man

Bikes: iele Latina, Miele Suprema, Miele Uno LS, Miele Miele Beta, MMTB, Bianchi Model Unknown, Fiori Venezia, Fiori Napoli, VeloSport Adamas AX

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1324 Post(s)
Liked 927 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by speyfitter
So I appreciate everyone's input and value any further input on this topic as well.

I'm curious if any of you (or someone you know) has been involved in a collision on a multi use path with a pedestrian or other user? Have you or anyone you know had to go to court over a collision and if so, what happened? Does anyone carry insurance, which I'm told is offered in some jurisdictions to cover you in the event of a collision as a cyclist with a pedestrian, other cyclist, or vehicle? Ever had to use it?
A number of years ago I had a nasty crash as I tried to avoid a small dog on a rail-trail/MUP. The dog was on a long retractable leash and was in the bush on the side of the trail opposite to the dog's owner. The dog came out of the bush and was directly in front of me. I swerved to miss it and hit some loose gravel at the edge of the trail and the bike slid out from under me. That resulted in a lot of scrapes on arms and legs with tiny bits embedded in those scrapes. Since I live alone I had to go to the ER to get them to scrub out the wounds I couldn't reach and get a Tetanus shot and antibiotics.

Btw, the idiot woman dog owner was not the least bit apologetic.

Cheers
Likes For Miele Man: