View Single Post
Old 11-08-15, 01:19 PM
FamilyMan007

Bikes: Dream Ti bike to celebrate turning 70 - frame by Seven; Cannondale Synapse carbon Ultegra 3 (2015 model), Cannondale Quick SL-1 (2012 model- donated to a friend); Bianchi touring bike (1985 - Sold); Raleigh Super Course (1975 - donated to friend)

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 3 Posts
[QUOTE= ... Still riding the Kendra Kwick's that came with the bike...I feel they have been fine... I like that they have some tread to them ... only 1 flat in 1400 miles.... What would a different tire offer me?[/QUOTE]

Tire choice can generate a degree of emotion - plenty of threads have discussed the topic. IMHO they are a not unimportant part of the riding experience, and as such I have been prepared to buy more expensive tires in the hope that to a degree one gets what one pays for!

If you feel the current tire 'have been fine' + are well-suited to the surfaces you ride on, what is the characteristic that you want to change?

Tires are a compromise between various characteristics; including durability, rolling resistance, comfort and price. If I am understanding the tire you have you, you would likely be ahead on 'price' by replacing with the same tire but you could likely improve any/all of durability/rolling resistance/comfort if you bought a more expensive tire. {I do not particularly recommend Schwalbe tires, but their web-site Schwalbe North America | Schwalbe North America does provide an assessment of their tires across certain characteristics.

Hope you continue to enjoy your bike as much as I still enjoy mine

Last edited by FamilyMan007; 11-08-15 at 02:16 PM.