Old 11-22-19, 01:20 PM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
Recovery time after severe crash”

Not to interrupt this Mutual Admiration Society, but as I was reading this thread it occurred to me that all these accounts are of successful recovery …
Originally Posted by 1AvidCyclistCat
That is quite a humorous name for a mutually effected and affected dedicated, consistently engaged in the noble sports activity of cycling: bicycling. My goal as a severely injured soon to be a geriatric cyclist, is to help encourage and get motivated to bring the best after serious, major trauma.

I believe that the current over 50 population will continue to redefine expectations of aging: specifically aging well with honor, respect and motivation to encouraging our less than fit, not so healthy fellow elderly neighbors and friends….

I embrace humor as an excellent therapeutic tool to help one cope better with adversity. I reject cynicism imbedded in deceptive humor: it’s quite unpleasant and disgusting, it is not beneficial or productive to either mocker or the one being mocked.

I have learned that by giving in genuine humility anyone willing can and will help magnify the rewarding, wonderful good deeds of loving others as oneself.
Well, @1AvidCyclistCat, as a presumably over 50 cyclist, I hope that you recognized my allusion to a "Mutual Admiration Society," between you and @zjrog to be a reference to a song of that name.
Originally Posted by Wikipdedia
"Mutual Admiration Society" is a popular song published in 1956 from the Broadway musical Happy Hunting. The song's tune was written by Harold Karr, the lyrics by Matt Dubey

We belong to a Mutual Admiration Society

My baby and me

We belong to a Mutual Admiration Society…