Old 02-17-19, 10:36 PM
Doge

Bikes: 1979 Raleigh Team 753

Mentioned: 153 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3374 Post(s)
Liked 371 Times in 253 Posts
Originally Posted by avole
As usual, no evidence whatsoever, just careful avoidance of the point, plus absolutely no refutation if your anti-european bias. ...
I'm not sure which post you are referring to. I did cite rulings in my post. I doubt I mentioned cheating, but I am not planning to look. I didn't think I had negative bias in my post. I rather enjoy many parts of Europe having made about 50 trips over as many years. But I don't think everything is all the same between European countries, the EU , Eastern Europe - or the USA.

Clearly the continents are different, certainly based on sports that are popular. Cycling being one of them. But even football/soccer is played and officiated differently depending which country you are in.

I know of no sport more popular in Europe than in the USA where over 50% of the "game" is spent reviewing the call on the field just to get it exactly right.

Back to facts - many places allowed drug use without legal repercussions before any places in the USA did. That does not say one cheated more. It does speak to different attitudes about drugs.