View Single Post
Old 03-18-19, 09:44 PM
P!N20

Mentioned: 32 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1079 Post(s)
Liked 1,898 Times in 931 Posts
Originally Posted by steveridessteel
Yup. Can't be beat. With that said the bike has been coast to coast several times, Vancouver to Mexico, etc. and I have never had to pull a crank on the road. Not sure where I picked them up but it would have been in LA in the mid 80's. They were not stock. I love the AT cranks. The other favorite of mine on the bike is the original Sun Tour Le Tech RD. Got to love the retro computer font. A really nice piece of engineering given the timeframe and just before the demise of Sun Tour. As a note, my wife has the matching bike in light blue but it's a 83 production date with a slightly different build.
They came with the Shimano 600 cranks that were on my McBain track bike when I purchased it. When I upgraded to 1st gen dura-ace cranks I used the Autex bolts, but obviously didn't have the proper adaptor tool. I got home one night and realised one had fallen out! Spent the next however many years trying to find some replacements for a reasonable price (I'm in Australia, so postage often killed it.) Finally found a cheap incomplete set that had the bits that I needed. Think not long after that I found a NOS set for a good price, which came with the little tool - made sure they won't be falling out ever again!