Old 07-04-19, 11:16 AM
mantis
Don't Bug Me

Bikes: Canyon Aeroad CF SL 8.0 Disc, Cervelo S2, Look 585, Specialized Rockhopper

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked 27 Times in 16 Posts
Originally Posted by MCase
Thank you for the useful information mantis. If I’m ask, what psi do you put in each of your tires? You reference lower psi, but I’m wondering what that’s in reference to. I’m glad to hear you like them so far and your feedback is incredibly useful.
No problem. My first experience owning carbon wheels so I’m still learning too.

With the AR 58/62 wheels, in addition to the front wheel being a slightly shallower section, the front wheel is slightly narrower than the rear, thus the 23mm front/25mm rear tire sizes.

I’ve been riding my tube tire road bikes at or near maximum pressure for years so it was an adjustment process for me to put less pressure in. The max pressure for my Conti’s is 120 psi. and I initially rode them at that.

After a lot of experimenting and testing with the tubeless tires I’ve seemed to settle on 90 rear and 85 front. Performance seems to be identical or nearly identical and it is a lot more comfortable ride. The Aeroad is Canyon’s race frame and it’s really stiff so the lower pressures in the tires is a real plus.

Last edited by mantis; 07-04-19 at 11:39 AM.