Old 07-19-19, 11:31 AM
Beachgrad05
Just Keep Pedaling

Bikes: 99 Schwinn Mesa GS MTB, 15 Trek Domane 5.9 Dura-Ace, 17 Trek Emonda SL6 Pro & 18 Bianchi Vigorelli

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 251 Post(s)
Liked 67 Times in 34 Posts
Originally Posted by DrIsotope
^^^ Well, I feel almost a camaraderie with that, because I got so mad at a walk-behind string trimmer that I punched a wall-- right on a studline, of course-- and snapped the 5th metacarpal in my right hand. Off the road for 41 days. I did put 500 miles in on Zwift during that time, and was actually thankful I had punched the wall and not kicked it. Because not being able to turn pedals at all would have been insult to injury.
I can relate. Late 90's, I had got my Schwinn Mesa GS mtn bike and was using it to commute to work about 6 miles. Something happened at work and I had ridden that day. I was extremely frustrated/angry. I tried going for a walk to cool off. Didn't work. I wanted to leave for the day it was that bad. Unfortunately I was not able to because my coworker (1 source of my extreme frustration) had something going on that meant I couldn't leave early. That added to my anger/frustration as I felt trapped in situation that had come up. I decided to try to walk it off some more after coming back inside office...and headed toward side door...which was a heavy steel door. I punched it in my anger and OMG...PAIN. I broke same in my right hand. I tried to deal with the pain but it was too much and I ended up getting ride to ER. Also needed a ride home after ER. Hand in cast for 6 weeks. No bike riding (didn't have a trainer at the time) and no softball. I'm right handed and job involved typing and writing. I managed.