View Single Post
Old 08-12-18, 02:08 PM
Clyde1820

Bikes: 1996 Trek 970 ZX Single Track 2x11

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 614 Post(s)
Liked 564 Times in 428 Posts
You could continue eating the items you do, but cut down portion size by one-third.

You could take two or three of your nutritionally least appealing items and swap them for something "better" ... a bit more protein, a but fewer calories, etc.

If you haven't done so already, you could nix half or more of your post-4pm intake, allowing your body to essentially draw down your "ready" calories and begin drawing on stored calories earlier in the evening (for a deeper fast).

You could take your existing workouts and introduce more intervals into the mix, boosting the intensity above what you're currently doing.

Uncertain if you're doing a workout every day but, if not, you could begin doing so. And ensure a solid part of your week's worth of workouts includes higher-intensity components. (At least, higher intensity than you're doing now, on average, or with additional higher-intensity spurts [intervals].)

As others have suggested, it's highly dependent on your own metabolism, any medical conditions you might have, the types of foods you have, the degree of difficulty of your workouts. Everyone's different.

For myself, being over 50yrs of age, with my activity level involving a handful of ~75min workouts per week, including incorporation of higher-intensity interval segments on most days, and I typically consume about ~1400-1500cals. Less, and I lose weight. More, and I gain. If I want to lose another 20lbs, I could easily add another two or three ~40min workout sessions a week, and/or boost the number of higher-intensity intervals as part of my training, and/or lop off one-fourth of my current intake. In a couple of months, the 20lbs is gone. But, that's me, given what I consume and how hard I'm able to push my physical activity.

The above are offered as ideas to consider, not that each of them will necessarily be right for your situation.