View Single Post
Old 05-31-20, 05:58 AM
randyjawa 

Bikes: 1958 Rabeneick 120D, 1968 Legnano Gran Premio, 196? Torpado Professional, 2000 Marinoni Piuma

Mentioned: 210 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1372 Post(s)
Liked 1,751 Times in 938 Posts
Around here, the dump is set up so that once you dump your stuff, it slides down a concrete 'slide'.
First, I am lucky enough to be welcome at a few dumps in my area (three, these days). Second, the main dump works in much the same was as was quoted...

You get weighed going in. You dump your stuff into appropriate bins. You get weighed and pay on the way out. That is the procedure at the main dump for the city of Thunder Bay. No scavenging allowed...

Unless you take the time to set up a kiosk for bicycle drop off, which I did many years ago. I did that on behalf of Bicycles for Humanity - Thunder Bay. I no longer have a picture to show, but hundreds of bikes show up each year. most not so hot, some pretty darn special.

The other two dumps are real old school dumps, with bins for plastic and paper. One area accepts the stuff that bears like, the other two (metal and house hold stuff) the stuff that I like. I am welcome at two dumps like them. This is what I see when I go there...

These two mountain bikes are now serious scrap metal. When I got to the dump yesterday (May 30, 2020) the piles had been pushed (meaning bulldozed either flat or piled up, depending on the area. I will try to get a picture of them when I go to the dump, later today. Pictures soon, I hope.

This old CCM arrived shortly after the push. I wonder if it will be there when I go back today? Pictures to follow for sure, next post later today...