canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4559 Post(s)
Liked 2,798 Times in 1,798 Posts
Originally Posted by texaspandj
...How many of y'all are making it to the (RTs) HNH in august? And if going, are you riding an Ironman?...
Hoping to. Not sure. Hard to predict my availability due to health issues. I've postponed most routine care appointments during the pandemic, but I've still had a couple of urgent care visits. If I can put together three consecutive days of feeling up to par I'll be willing to make plans.

Definitely riding the Ironman if I do. Got it pretty well dialed in now. I just switched to a longer stem (110mm Salsa open face 4-bolt) and still need to get accustomed to it for longer rides, but I've managed up to 50 miles so far with only a short rest break. Neck was kinda stiff and sore later but not as bad as I'd expected. The short stem was comfy, but the longer stem is more stable on fast curves, especially on rippled and rough pavement.

The original 120mm SR stem from the Ironman is on the Univega. I needed it to give a little more reach and knee room after switching that bike to albatross swept bars and bar end shifters. It's perfect now and I don't want to mess with it. So now it's an Ironvega... Uniman... something.