Old 07-10-20, 05:31 AM
Jim from Boston

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 800 Post(s)
Liked 218 Times in 171 Posts
Strava as dating app?
Originally Posted by thehammerdog
strava seems like an excellent vehicle to meet people like u for dates. if say your a handsome lady, great build good tan nice bike better kit than most who seeks same but a dude. why not strava.
Originally Posted by Troul
^ or: "I noticed as I was drafting you that you have a nice rear, wanna rub tires later?"
Originally Posted by eyemkeith
Is it any great wonder more women aren't into cycling? Jesus, just let them ride.
I have previously posted:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
I got lucky during the Golden Age Bike Boom of the 1970s...

We met in a college freshman course and our first mutual activity was cooking. I got the cycling bug first and she followed.
So I’m not in the market, but I have observed:
Originally Posted by Jim from Boston
... on my daily commute, it seems that female joggers outnumber males by a large margin, at least 5 to 1, if not as high as 10 to 1.Among the cycling commuters that I see I would say the men outnumber the women by a greater ratio, [at least 5 to 1, if not as high as 10 to 1 though in much fewer numbers, maybe about one cyclist for every 40-50 runners.

My estimates of joggers and cyclists are a general observation made over the seasons, though I do “guesstimate” the gender during the cold weather.
Originally Posted by jrickards
There may be a higher proportion of male bike commuters than female but there may also be a higher proportion of males interested in participating in the BikeForums than females so the male:female ratio of participants in these forums (let alone this poll) may be skewed away from reality.
Originally Posted by miss kenton
There may be more women out cycling or joining cyling groups if they could trust that they were appreciated and respected for their cycling abilities rather than the way they look in their cycling shorts.
So if you're looking, as Willie Sutton said "Go where the money is (jogging)."

Last edited by Jim from Boston; 07-10-20 at 05:44 AM.