Old 08-01-19, 05:19 PM
Witterings

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 569 Post(s)
Liked 37 Times in 29 Posts
Originally Posted by literal trope
Thank you for proving my point.

If you've successfully ridden this corner 150 times then in this case you obviously didn't scan ahead, or scanned ahead but couldn't properly read the surface, and when you began to lose traction you didn't make the required adjustments to successfully ride the corner.

It's not about the tires, it's about technique - a great many folks are able to ride loose surfaces on skinny tires without becoming road pizza.
So 9 posts since you joined the forum and you're the expert which means one of 2 things ... either you're a complete newbie and know nothing .... OR .... you're incredibly opinionated lacking people skills / a way with words so were constantly getting into arguments and banned so have just signed up with a different username.

Personally I think I'd put more faith in jpescatore's response

The whole point of tread on tires is essentially to channel those small ball bearings so that some rubber can reach the road surface.
This is the same argument in favour of tyres with tread in the mud that the tread cuts through the slippery top surface to find a more solid footing that it can grip onto underneath.

It's not just a case of "scanning ahead" as you should be doing that and evaluating the surface constantly whenever you ride ... how do you scan ahead for some diesel or oil on the road that you can't see (which maybe one of the farm vehicles left behind but was covered in a bit of dust) making the route totally unpredictable however hard you were looking at it.

I've never had an accident like this before and as a kid rode thousands of miles and many more ever since (now 55) and yet one of my friends is constantly having accidents ... his ability to scan in front of him possibly isn't great.

I think you're making assumptions you know nothing about nor someone's overall sporting ability and level of perception which often tend to go hand in hand.

Last edited by Witterings; 08-01-19 at 05:58 PM.