terrymorse 
climber has-been

Bikes: Scott Addict R1, Felt Z1

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3427 Post(s)
Liked 3,563 Times in 1,790 Posts
Originally Posted by WhyFi
In any event, 3oz is a lot - it's about twice what I'd use in my 28mm tires, so you can certainly get away with smaller.
Thanks, I'll go with a 2oz bottle to start with. Trying Slime at first, since it reportedly is more stable over time than the latex sealants. We'll see.

I found this 2oz squeeze bottle with a narrow dripper cap that I hope will fit inside the valve stem. I can increase the cap's hole diameter to allow more flow out of the bottle (probably). The sturdy screw-on cover should help it survive the rough life inside a saddle bag:

Also keep in mind that you'll want to be using tubes with removable valve cores, or things are going to get messy and gummy pretty quick.
Only tubes with removable valve cores, got it.

co2 and sealant often don't play well together, so at the very least, you'll want to rotate your tire so that the sealant is well away from the valve when you blast it.
Sealant probably freezes in the cold temperatures. Slime claims their sealant is CO₂ friendly, but we'll see.

Originally Posted by Spoonrobot
Wait did you puncture your tubeless tire, the puncture didn't seal and then you pinched the tube? Or did you flat a tube and then pinch the replacement tube? Because the second scenario needs a patch kit not a tubeless sealant kit.
It wasn't a tubeless tire. The tube punctured, then I pinched the replacement tube (no patch kit).