Old 04-01-19, 01:00 PM
chas58

Bikes: too many of all kinds

Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1147 Post(s)
Liked 415 Times in 335 Posts
I am always confused when people say that they use two sets of wheels on a bike that is advertised as go anywhere bike - do you go with a spare set of wheels in the bag just in case you want to go beyond the road?
Takes seconds to change wheels before I head out. I tend to ride 32mm in summer/fall, and 40mm (or larger) in winter and spring and when doing long summer gravel rides.
We all live in different places, but honestly the “gravel” around here is smoother than the asphalt, 6 months out of the year (we use a lot of chloride to keep the dust down).
I go on some fast road rides where the paceline is doing 30mph in the flats when they spin it up – and I need a good road tire for that.
Yeah, I go anywhere (that doesn’t require a suspension). Fast road rides, CX, gravel, urban.

Yeah, I've probably tried a gravel bike or two in the past. They were nice and I liked them, but not snappy/fast enough to replace my Tarmac; and not versatile enough to replace my Cutthroat
Well, you certainly have the best of both worlds. But for those of us that need to boil it down to one bike, you can get a snappy/fast gravel bike with a lot of versatility. It looks like the warbird is trying to do this – giving you a bike that rides as well on 28mm tires as it rides on 47mm tires. For the some of us, that is a lot of versatility.