canklecat
Me duelen las nalgas

Bikes: Centurion Ironman, Trek 5900, Univega Via Carisma, Globe Carmel

Mentioned: 199 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4560 Post(s)
Liked 2,802 Times in 1,800 Posts
Originally Posted by Hondo Gravel
I got the mold allergy sore throat. Took generic Sudafed that has ephedrine so I had to sign for it at Walmart. I said now I can make illegal substances she wasn’t amused. So once my head clears up I will have a riding advantage because I’m on dope.
Yeah, it's been a rough allergy season in Texas, for months. Every day is a yellow, orange or red allergy alert on the weather apps.

Sudafed and the generic are pseudo-ephedrine. Hence the name.

The real old school ephedrine is in Primatene tablets and the Walgreens generic, mixed with guaifenesin, usually for asthma. It's less effective on sinus congestion. For some reason pseudo-ephedrine is more effective on sinus congestion.

Both are hard on the body. They increase heart rate and blood pressure. Try to avoid using them too often. While they're considered PEDs by sports regulatory bodies, any benefit is minimal. You can get the same boost from two or three cups of espresso.

For a couple of years I needed to buy boxes of those every month, when my asthma and sinus inhalers increased to $100. Now that my prescriptions are covered by insurance I don't need Sudafed as often.

Also bromelain worked well for me this winter as an anti-inflammatory for chronic sinus pain. It's just an enzyme derived from pineapple. Didn't help my joint inflammation but did with the sinuses. I need to order some more.