Old 03-05-11, 04:03 PM
AdamDZ
Bike addict, dreamer

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by skijor
That bumble bee means business! Will you use something more than just the cable lock?
LOL! You might have just found a name for my BD! Although I usually don't name bikes.

I have two thick, contractor grade security cables. But I might also start carrying a U-lock that I may use depending on the location. However, the bike is so big and wide with the bags that locking it with a U-lock might turn out to be very difficult.

UPDATE ON YUBA BAGS

So it seems, unfortunately, that wideloaders should be used all the time with those bags. Those bags are really big and in empty state they sag so low that the left one gets so close to the disc rotor that the rotor starts rubbing against it, and the right one leans on the rear derailleur. The Yuba Mundo must have really massive rear, and more tubing in the rear, much bigger than the Xtracycle. Furthermore, even with the wideloaders in place the bags are not secure enough since the fabric on the wideloaders doesn't reach all the way to the frame. It leaves an opening through which the bags can still protrude. Although, I found that it's possible to secure both bottom straps to the frame. I'm actually thinking about making hard running boards to use instead of the fabric that comes with the wideloaders. This is actually how the Yuba Mundo is set up.

So this may not work for everyone. Right now I don't think it'll be a problem for me. I always though I'd have the wideloaders mounted all the time.