View Single Post
Old 10-21-13, 03:11 PM
stapfam
Time for a change.

Location: 6 miles inland from the coast of Sussex, in the South East of England

Bikes: Dale MT2000. Bianchi FS920 Kona Explosif. Giant TCR C. Boreas Ignis. Pinarello Fp Uno.

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
I was not as lucky as the OP and was probably at my peak fitness for 10 years. In training for a hard ride and my riding partner was flagging over a few rides we did. On the sunday did a ride of 65 miles and I suggested one last hill to my ride partner and he groaned. Got up that last hill and off home to watch F1 on the tv. Those 65 miles offroad took it out of me though and had to watch the later recording.
Going into work on Tuesday and in a traffic jam and heartburn came on. Within a few minutes it was severe enough for me to divert off the road and phone for an ambulance. 3 months later and triple bypass.

I had never had any sign of a heart problem and did not know what a heart attack felt like but severe heartburn- breaking into a cold sweat and when I looked in the mirror I had no colour on my face and I felt sick. When I got to the angiogram the surgeon asked me one question---Swimming or Cycling? Pardon was my reply and he said that 3 arteries were blocked but the Aorta was perfect and pumping hard. Whatever sport I did had saved my life as the heart pumped through the blockages and kept me alive till the hospital took over.

Spike Milligan