Old 12-14-18, 10:39 PM
Mobile 155

Bikes: 2013 Haro FL Comp 29er MTB.

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1470 Post(s)
Liked 45 Times in 35 Posts
Originally Posted by tandempower
Who wants to force anyone into anything? Mass driving is a problem, so people can choose whatever alternative suits them. The challenge is making the alternatives readily convenient and available so people don't keep defaulting to driving, which they are forced to do, which many don't like, aren't interested in, and/or find objectionable yet still accept because they don't see any viable alternative.

People are trying to create alternatives so everyone won't be forced to drive.

When driving is not an option, do they choose to walk, bike, or ride a scooter?

Minimalism is as far as you can go to support sustainability and environmental restoration without sacrificing your health or life. You will never understand this because you don't seem to have the capacity to detach from non-necessities, nor the ability to reason why and how it can be a good and satisfying thing to do.

If you have followed the general tone and direction of this thread and many others I think you will see which one of us is disconnected from what capacities more of the people want. From cities all over the country the desires and the direction of your fellow citizens is being expressed. You have not demonstrated a love people have for the new scooter movement. You have not shown a desire to cut back on what you neighbor is making or what they are spending their transportation money on to be scooter riders or according to the last national census has there been a giant leap in people commuting to work by bike. We have posted studies and even cycling is one of the least popular means of transportation. The difference between us is I don't care why. I live in a world where a person can ride their bike in their house if they like and take a helicopter to work each day of they can afford it because that is their right. I live in a world where my neighbors make up society and that society can decided what they want about transportation without my help. If they wanted to shoot themselves from cannons and get caught in a net that is what they should be allowed to do. But if their cannons or nets are ion my property or blocking my property I am happy if we as neighbors can decided to toss such impediments into the trash heap and charge the people using them the cost of removal. That is the world the posts on communities fighting back against scooters not ordered or asked for are living in as well.

The concept is simple, the scooters are being dumped into a lot of communities. The communities find them to be a problem. The community can object to the dumping of the scooters in their communities. The government should work to address the concerns of the populace with the dumping. And when the system works the scooters are fined, removed or banned until or unless they live up the desires of the community. I will vote with the community every time.