Old 02-13-19, 08:20 AM
bikecopp

Bikes: Rivendell Hunqapillar

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked 6 Times in 1 Post
Originally Posted by fullergarrett
Probably the biggest thing that I have a problem with is... soda. This last fall I was able to cut almost all of my soda consumption (went from six or so cans down to one or two a day) but unfortunately that didn't stick. I'm back to where I started. :-( I noticed during that period I was losing some weight, especially since I was riding my bike on a daily basis at the same time. The temptation was too great to drink soda - it's addictive like a drug.

I was drinking water with Crystal Light packs, mostly the basic lemonade but there were some times where I'd change it up or get the caffeinated packs.

As for the rest of what I eat, it depends. I eat out quite often because I try to avoid the dining hall food and all I have right now is a microwave. A friend who does cook in her room suggested investing in a CrockPot or slow cooker to cook my own meals. Our dorm building also has a (just one) kitchenette, but I've never used it as it seems dirty and always smells like the person who previously used it caught something on fire and walked away.

From a financial standpoint, I've been trying to cut back on eating out less to save money - but my options are limited unless I go to the dining hall. I'm trying to get into an on-campus apartment next year where I can actually cook my own meals from my own kitchenette. Until then, I may invest in a slow cooker to cook my own meals like Hamburger Helper, spaghetti, etc.

Any suggestions would be appreciated as to how I can get into better shape. Should I break this out into its own thread?
Go to a thrift store and pick up a george foreman grill. You can use it in you room or the kitchenette. I bought two slices of salmon like this for 6.80 at publix. Ill get two meals out of them. I cook the fish and vegetables at the same time. 7 minutes. Drink lemon water. You have to cut out the sugar.