Old 03-24-19, 07:51 PM
ButchA

Bikes: 1985 Fuji Del Rey, 25" frame, 12 speed

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 127 Post(s)
Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts
Hmmm.... Let me chime in here:

Please tell us your age. 57 (I'll be 58 in a few weeks).

1. What type of bikes do 50+ folks ride? Whatever they want to ride! But for me, I stay classic with a 1985 Fuji Del Rey, that I picked up a number of years ago off Craigslist here in town, from a local college kid who graduated and didn't want it anymore. It was a "garage queen" for decades and is still in amazing condition!

2. Do you take any special supplements/vitamins/minerals as you have grown older? Not really. Occasionally, I'll pick up some Centrum Silver 50+ multivitamins if I think about it, but most of the time, I don't take anything.

3. How much do you feel you have "slowed down" if any? Ha ha ha... I haven't slowed down and doubt I ever will! My brain still tells me that I can do everything that I did back when I was 26!

4. How long have you been biking? New, around a while, biked all your life? Biked on and off all my life. I took a bit of an absence here and there, but always came right back to it. Now that I found that C&V '85 Fuji for a steal, I am seriously back into it, and try to get out and ride as much as I can!

5. What type of biking do you do? Long rides, touring, short rec rides. A combination of short neighborhood rides of about 6 or 7 miles, to longer rides out into the next county, looping my way back around for 42 miles total. I got into mountain biking for a little bit, but realized that too much speed while slaloming in and out of trees, is rather foolish. Besides, going airborne over ravines and tree stumps, like the "younger crowd" does isn't exactly something I desire to do.

6. How often do you bike? Your approximate annual mileage? I try to get out and ride as much as I can, but I have a busy schedule and not much free time, being that I am active as a Shriner and also a Past Master of a Masonic lodge. My avg annual mileage is only around 800 miles.