pierce
S'Cruzer

Bikes: too many

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by wgscott View Post
I'm interested to hear more about this. (Edit: Sorry, I just found and read your thread.)

We've got a few bikes we could potentially modify, especially if the main change is just a new rear wheel. (The $7.5K price tag on the bike she demoed is a wee bit out of our discretionary spending budget.) Could your bike make it up to (for example) the fire station at EmpireGrade / Felton-Empire ?
the rear wheel motor is heavy as heck, and 1000W is stupidly way more power than you need. Ditto the 48V 18AH (865 watt*hour) battery pack I used is quite heavy.

I'd take a lighter weight bike, like that navy blue 700c hybrid I think I showed later in the thread, and use a TSDZ2 torque sensitive middrive. These are available as 350W and 750/500W (750 at 48V, or 500 at 36V). I'd be inclined to get the 350W version, and a big 36V battery pack, like at least 13 AH (470 watt*hour). The XH18 display/control goes on the left grip and is a lot more discrete than most, although I'm not sure I could squeeze a front trigger shifter on there too. I'd probably gear the bike 48T single in front, and a 13-26 8 speed in rear (or maybe an even wider 9 speed). the twist grip on that controller sets the power assist level, so if you leave it on low power for your flatlanding, you should have plenty of reserve for the hill climb.

here's the TSDZ2 at a random e-store, Tongsheng TSDZ2 Mid Drive Motor Conversion ebike Kit,Torque Sensor 36V 350W XH18 Display High Speed Electric Bike Motor - Re-Cycles E-bikes

ok, here's the hybrid I'm thinking of doing this to...

Likes For pierce: