Old 05-26-19, 12:50 PM
seau grateau

Bikes: Litespeed Catalyst, IRO Rob Roy, All City Big Block

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1332 Post(s)
Liked 398 Times in 194 Posts
Originally Posted by StirFry
How's the geometry on the Big Block compared to my Gazzetta? I'm wanting something just a bit more relaxed/comfortable in the cockpit for longer rides. Outside of feeling a bit cramped in the back end of my current frame mainly due to its aggressive geo, I feel it fits me very well. My Gazzetta size is the XS and am looking at the Big Block in 49, which has a +15mm difference. I know All City sizes their bikes a bit wonky however. Should I be looking at a 46cm frame instead?

Gazzetta

Big Block
Head tube and seat tube angles are pretty much the same either way. The 15mm longer top tube on the 49cm Big Block is a pretty significant change, but that seems like it would be tempered slightly by the longer head tube -- raising the front end effectively reduces your reach a bit. The 46cm has the same length top tube as your current frame, but a shorter head tube, so it could wind up feeling more aggressive. Your bike seems to have a pretty low front end as is, so you might want to try bringing it up a bit if you want more comfort on longer rides. Not a bike fit expert by any means, but that's my two cents.
Likes For seau grateau: