View Single Post
Old 05-31-19, 08:48 AM
Kabuki12

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 874 Post(s)
Liked 2,287 Times in 1,278 Posts
I agree it should be up to your physician . I had a bad crash just over a year ago at the Eroica California Event 2018 . I hit the ground face first and luckily I was wearing a helmet. That did not keep me from breaking my orbital bone and my cheek bone in 5 places . I also had numerous lacerations on my legs and shoulder . Stitches here and there , also a broken outer metacarpal on my left hand. I did exactly as my hand surgeon and E.N.T. Dr. told me as I did not want to prolong the healing process. It took about 10-12 weeks before I got back on my bike . That was really tough because I ride a lot . If I would have banged my head prior to the orbital bone healing , I could have gone blind . yea that's right it scared the cycling right out of me. I finished up a bike that required many hours of labor to restore so to keep myself from being tempted. When I finally returned to the saddle , I was a bit more cautious and nervous , but soon resumed riding as before. Joe joesvintageroadbikes.wordpress