View Single Post
Old 06-12-19, 05:42 PM
Trevtassie

Bikes: A steel framed 26" off road tourer from a manufacturer who thinks they are cool. Giant Anthem. Trek 720 Multiroad pub bike. 10 kids bikes all under 20". Assorted waifs and unfinished projects.

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1188 Post(s)
Liked 1,154 Times in 640 Posts
Originally Posted by GamblerGORD53
Give me a call when DeFAILLEURS stop breaking into spokes, stop fluttering, stop chain suck, stop grinding, shift when stopped, can ride thru tall grass, shrug off crashes and collisions and baggage handlers, have 99.99% shifter function with NO adjustments ever, shift 4 gears in 1/2 sec., can use with a chain case, last 1/4 as long as a Rohloff, and gets BETTER with age. LOL
Love the people who love the Koolaid. Rohloffs have that stupid thing where they change into high gear sometimes when going from 8 to 7. When they need service they are gone for a week minimum, unless you have a service agent in town, because you can't get the special tools needed to work on them. It cost me $250 with shipping to get the seal drag fixed on mine, took two weeks. They leak oil when being transported. they are fiddlier to remove when you do need to remove them for transport. Meanwhile, my partners bike is way lighter than mine, the drivetrain cost 1500 less and when she does need a new cassette and chain it only costs $100 and that's not often because I use Whipperman chains on it. She could carry a spare derailleur, chain and cassette and still be lighter than a Rohloff.
Likes For Trevtassie: